Oct 13, 2017

Can a working mother sponsor her child in UAE?

Yes, if she has a minimum salary of Dh10,000, or a salary of Dh7, 000 + accommodation given by the employer, or her own accommodation

I'm working in Dubai and plan to leave the country. Right now, my 4-year-old daughter is under my sponsorship. My wife works in Sharjah. Will it be possible for my wife to sponsor our daughter? What is the procedure for a woman sponsor her children legally in UAE?
Pursuant to your queries, it is assumed that your wife is on the sponsorship of her employer. Based on this, your wife may apply for a dependent visa for your daughter in the UAE. For this, you will need to apply to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners' Affairs (GDRFA) in the emirate your wife and daughter reside in and the issuance of the visa for your daughter will be at the sole discretion of the directorate.
As per the prevailing rules of the directorate, a woman can sponsor her child if she has a minimum salary of Dh10,000 or a salary of Dh7, 000 plus accommodation provided by the employer or her own accommodation. In case of her own accommodation, she should have a valid tenancy contract for it. Further, she need to secure a letter of no-objection or NOC from you, her spouse, stating that you have no objections with your daughter being sponsored and staying with your wife in the UAE.
Ashish Mehta is the founder and Managing Partner of Ashish Mehta & Associates. He is qualified to practice law in Dubai, the United Kingdom, Singapore and India. Full details of his firm on: www.amalawyers.com. Readers may e-mail their questions to: news@khaleejtimes.com or send them to Legal View, Khaleej Times, PO Box 11243, Dubai.

No comments: